A Local Business Tax is levied on any person who maintains a permanent business or branch office within the City for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within the city limits of Jacksonville Beach. If you have more than one location or provide more than one service you will be required to pay the tax for each location and/or service. Additionally, some businesses will be required to pay the tax for each state licensed professional working under their business name or at their business location. Code of Ordinances.
Required information and documents to submit with the your completed local business tax form:
- Name, address and phone number of business
- SSN or FEIN required per FL Statutes Ch. 205
- FL DBPR (FL Department of Professional Regulation) Professional License, Certificate, or Registration, if applicable
- FL Division of Corporations documents, if applicable
- Name, home address, phone number, and photo ID of owner/applicant of business
- Local Business Tax is payable by cash or check to City of Jacksonville Beach
Download the Local Business Tax Form
Home Occupation Permit
Home Occupation Permits are issued to allow for, and regulate, home based occupations in residential neighborhoods.
Code of Ordinances, LDC 34-399 - Home Occupations
Duval County Business Tax
After your Jacksonville Beach local business tax receipt is issued, you will need to obtain a Duval County tax receipt at the Duval County Tax Collector's Office in Jacksonville, Florida. The office is located at 231 East Forsyth Street, Jacksonville, Florida. The phone number is (904) 630-1916, ext. #3.