We encourage you to check with a lifeguard before entering the water to find out current conditions. For further information you can call the lifeguard station at (904) 249-9141.
Beach wheelchairs for the disabled are available upon request at our lifeguard station and access to the beach is provided via handicapped-accessible ramps.
Rules & Regulations for Beachgoers
The following are enforceable rules and regulations established by the City of Jacksonville Beach to ensure your safety while enjoying our beautiful beach. Click here for additional rules and regulations.
- Please use dune crossovers to the beach.
- Keep off the sand dunes.
- Do not pick the sea oats; they are protected by Florida State Law.
Activities & Equipment
- No alcoholic beverages or glass bottles are allowed on the beach.
- Picnicking is allowed on the beach. All food must be removed before leaving.
- Charcoal & gas grills are allowed on the beach. All charcoal must be removed before leaving.
- Surfers must have their surfboards tethered to one leg while in the water.
- Jet skis must stay 300 feet off the beach; use idle speed until you reach that distance.
- Jet skis and catamarans can only be launched from the public ramps located at Beach Boulevard and 8th Avenue North.
- Pets are only permitted on the beach before 9:00 am or after 5:00 pm.
- Pets must be on a leash and must have a current rabies tag.
- Pet owners must immediately remove droppings from the beach.
- Pet owners may not bury droppings in the sand or allow the tide to wash it away.