We are hiring qualified Applicants!
101 Penman Road South
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Phone: (904) 247-6338
Fax: (904) 247-6342
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We actively seek candidates who want an exciting working environment, casual beach-style atmosphere, modern facilities, and the opportunity to help make Jacksonville Beach a safe place to live, work, and visit.
Apply with us!
See current openings with the Jacksonville Beach Police Department
Basic requirements for Police Officer include the following:
- Possess a current Law Enforcement Certificate issued by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission. Applicants with prior police experience may be eligible for hire prior to Florida certification.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess at least a High School Diploma, GED certificate, or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be a United States Citizen (provide naturalization or birth certificate).
- Be of good moral character; no felony arrests; no misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, perjury, or false statements.
- If applicable, possess an honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States (copy of all DD214s or other separation documents required).
- Successfully complete the selection/hiring process.
How to become a Florida Certified Police Officer
Benefits Paid Leave, and Holidays
- Pay starts at $39,395.20 per year ($18.94 per hour, plus $600 per year insurance supplement.) Officers are eligible for up to a 3% raise after first 6 months, and up to a 3% annual raise after a twelve month probation period. Experienced officers may start at a higher rate of pay.
- Take-home vehicles for eligible full time officers after probationary period. Take home vehicles are considered a privilege and not an automatic fringe benefit or right.
- Annual leave ranges from 96 hours in the first year to a maximum of 168 hours. Ninety-six hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited accrual.
- Nine paid holidays per year. One paid personal leave day per calendar year.
- Retirement in the form of Municipal Police Retirement Plan. Up to 90% of pay for full retirement. Officer contributes 6.45% per pay period.
- Payroll deduction available for 457 Deferred Retirement Plan, bank or credit union savings, and loans.
- Opportunity to learn all phases of police work, specialized units, and investigations.
- Promotions are based on competitive examination, service record, and demonstrated abilities.
- Complete uniforms with laundry service, shoes, firearm, and equipment, including protective vest, are provided.
- Health and dental insurance are provided for officers; families may be added at a nominal cost.
- A.A. or A.S. Degree in criminal justice or related field—–$100.00 per month.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in criminal justice or related field—–$150.00 per month.
- M.A. or M.S. Degree in criminal justice or related field—–$200.00 per month.
- Up to $1,600 per year in a career-related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Jacksonville Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, marital status or sexual orientation.