The Building Inspection Division is responsible for inspecting the construction of all new buildings, structures, and additions or renovations to existing buildings and structures to ensure they conform to approved plans and permits and comply with state and local building code requirements. Some of the division's responsibilities include:
- Processing construction plans
- Issuing building permits
- Florida Building Code inspections
- Review and approval of new construction permit applications
- Review and approval of remodeling and other miscellaneous building activities
- Review and approval of permits for signage.
For additional information, call:
Building Inspection Division: (904) 247-6235
Notice to Contractors
All applications are to be in accordance with the 2010 Florida Building Code, effective March 15, 2012.
The 2010 Florida Building Code and prior editions may be found here.
A Notice of Commencement must be filed at the time you submit an application for a permit for any construction project of more than $2500.