The Planning & Development Division is responsible for preparing the 2010 Comprehensive Plan Elements & Maps, the City's blueprint for future development, administration of the Land Development Code including zoning, site plans and subdivision regulations.
- Adopted 2007 Transportation Element, Amendment DCA 08-1 (6.61 MB, Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher)
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Elements (1.41 MB, Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher)
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Maps (9.48 MB, Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher)
- Evaluation & Appraisal Report, Dec. 2008 (3MB)
- Duval County LMS - Jacksonville Beach 2011 Progress Report
It also provides administrative services to the Jacksonville Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and the Jacksonville Planning Commission, and oversees redevelopment activities in two tax-increment districts:
For additional information, call the Planning & Development Division at (904) 247-6231 or Contact Us.
Mobile Food Vending
The Planning Division is responsible for the administration of the zoning regulations for the City, the Jacksonville Beach Land Development Code (LDC). Staff provides both technical and professional assistance to the public and to other City departments relative to a range of zoning and development issues.
Services and assistance provided include:
- Zoning Verification/Interpretations
- Development Plan Review
- Land Development Code Text Amendments
- Rezoning Applications
- Conditional Use Applications
- Variance Applications
- Temporary Premises Extension Permit Requests
- Zoning approval of alcoholic beverage license applications
- Preparation and Presentation of Staff reports at Public Meetings
- Adequate Public Facilities Determinations (Concurrency)
- Re-build letters
- FDEP Coastal Construction - Zoning Compliance letters
- Subdivision platting
- Tree Protection and Landscaping reviews
- Local Business and Home Occupation License reviews
The Planning Division responsibilities related to Floodplain Management consist primarily of providing assistance to customers in meeting the regulations of the Land Development Code and the National Flood Insurance Program. This office is also responsible for the maintaining the City's certification with the Community Rating System (CRS) program of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). CRS is a voluntary program which, based on various activities performed, determines a flood insurance premium discount from 5 percent to 40 percent, for those property owners in Jacksonville Beach who are required to carry supplemental flood insurance.
The following information may be obtained from this office:
- Copies of Elevation Certificates
- Flood Map Determinations
- Copies of Flood Insurance Rate Maps
- Requirements for Construction in a Special Flood Hazard Area (Ref. LDC)
- Substantial Damage Determinations