We encourage you to check with a lifeguard before entering the water to find out current conditions. For further information you can call the lifeguard station at (904) 249-9141.
Beach chairs for the disabled are available upon request at our lifeguard station and access to the beach is provided via handicapped-accessible ramps.
Rules & Regulations for Beachgoers
The following are enforceable rules and regulations established by the City of Jacksonville Beach to ensure your safety while enjoying our beautiful beach.
- Please use dune crossovers to the beach.
- Keep off the sand dunes.
- Do not pick the sea oats; they are protected by Florida State Law.
Activities & Equipment
- No alcoholic beverages or glass bottles are allowed on the beach.
- Picnicking is allowed on the beach. All food must be removed before leaving.
- Charcoal & gas grills are allowed on the beach. All charcoal must be removed before leaving.
- Surfers must have their surfboards tethered to one leg while in the water.
- Jet skis must stay 300 feet off the beach; use idle speed until you reach that distance.
- Jet skis and catamarans can only be launched from the public ramps located at Beach Boulevard and 8th Avenue North.
- Pets are only permitted on the beach before 9:00 am or after 5:00 pm.
- Pets must be on a leash and must have a current rabies tag.
- Pet owners must immediately remove droppings from the beach.
- Pet owners may not bury droppings in the sand or allow the tide to wash it away.