Applications are being accepted for the 17th session of the Jacksonville Beach Police Department Youth Police Academy. The academy begins on Saturday, June 13, 2015, and is open to children 8 to...
Jacksonville Beach has a lot to offer both visitors and residents -- everything from leisure activities to beach wedding ceremonies.
Imagine saying “I do” with white sand between your toes and the sound of waves in the background. Jacksonville Beach is a romantic location for exchanging those vows. Many beachfront hotels offer wedding services to cater to those special beach weddings. The City of Jacksonville Beach also makes it easy and simple to hold your ceremony on the beach.
There is no application, permit, or fee required to hold a beach wedding. The City of Jacksonville Beach does not reserve any areas of the beach specifically for weddings or for anyone’s private and exclusive use for a wedding. You may have your wedding anywhere on the beach you wish. The beach is public property available on a first-come / first-served basis. We suggest that you check our Special Events calendar to find out what events are scheduled on the date, location, and time of your wedding. When considering a location for your wedding, consider the season, the tide, and access to public parking and restrooms.
• Canopy tents, chairs, bridal arches, and tiki torches are all permitted on the beach.
• Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are NOT permitted on the beach.
• Make every attempt to protect the sea oats and sand dunes.
• No digging or staking is allowed above the high tide water mark.
• Sea Turtle nesting season is May 1 through October 31. Stay away from sea turtle nests.
• Please pick up your trash before you leave the beach.