Home Occupation Permits are issued to allow for and regulate, home-based occupations in a residential neighborhood. View Code of Ordinances, LDC 34-399 for more information.
Use of your home address as a business location is limited to office space only and is subject to other restrictions including:
- Zoning approval
- Multiple occupations operated from a home address require permits for each business
- Permits are not transferable from one address to another
- Signage at or advertising of the home address is not permitted
- Storage of vehicles, equipment or materials is also not permitted
- If you rent or lease the property, additional authorization is required from the property owner (Property Owner Authorization (PDF)).
Fees & Application
In addition to the annual business tax, there is a one-time $20 Home Occupation Permit fee, which is non-refundable and non-transferable.
An Application for a Home Occupation Permit (PDF) is submitted to the City Clerk's Office and is subject to review by the Planning and Development Department.