We Are Hiring Qualified Applicants!
We actively seek candidates who want an exciting working environment, casual beach-style atmosphere, modern facilities, and the opportunity to help make Jacksonville Beach a safe place to live, work, and visit.
Apply with Us!
See current openings with the Jacksonville Beach Police Department by visiting the Employment Opportunities page.
Basic requirements for Police Officer include the following:
- Possess a current Law Enforcement Certificate issued by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess at least a High School Diploma, General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Florida driver's license.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be a United States Citizen (provide naturalization or birth certificate).
- Be of good moral character; no felony arrests; no misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, perjury, or false statements.
- If applicable, possess an honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States (copy of all DD214s or other separation documents required).
- Successfully complete the selection/hiring process.
How to Become a Florida Certified Police Officer
Visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's website to learn how to become a Florida Certified Police Officer.
Visit FDLE’s website to learn more about the Equivalency of Training process for out of state or former officers.
Benefits Paid Leave & Holidays
- Pay starts at $44,345.60 per year ($21.53 per hour). Officers are eligible for a merit raise after their first 6 months, and again after the next 6 months or at the end of their probation period. Experienced officers may start at a higher rate of pay.
- Take-home vehicles for eligible full-time officers after completing Field Training (FTO). Take-home vehicles are considered a privilege and not an automatic fringe benefit or right.
- 11 paid holidays per year. One paid personal leave day per calendar year.
- Retirement in the form of Municipal Police Retirement Plan. Up to 90% of pay for full retirement. Officer contributes 7.95% per pay period.
- Payroll deduction available for 457 Deferred Retirement Plan, bank or credit union savings, and loans.
- Opportunity to learn all phases of police work, specialized units, and investigations.
- Promotions are based on competitive examination, service record, and demonstrated abilities.
- Complete uniforms with laundry service, shoes, firearm, and equipment, including protective vest, are provided.
- Health and dental insurance are provided for officers; families may be added at a nominal cost.
- A.A. or A.S. Degree in criminal justice or related field - $100 per month
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in criminal justice or related field - $150 per month
- M.A. or M.S. Degree in criminal justice or related field - $200 per month
- Up to $1,600 per year in a career-related field
Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Jacksonville Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, marital status or sexual orientation.