2020 Municipal Election
Officers to be Elected for 2020 Elections
- Mayor, At-Large
- Council Seat 1, At-Large
- Council Seat 2, At-Large
- Council Seat 3, At-Large
Jacksonville Beach Candidate Information
Get details about Jacksonville Beach candidates.
Mayor - At Large
- Chris Hoffman
- Jeanell Wilson
City Council Seat 1 - At Large
- Fernando Meza
- Frances Povloski
City Council Seat 3 - At Large
- Ken Marsh
- Chet Stokes
Learn About the Jacksonville Beach Charter Amendments on the Ballot
The Jacksonville Beach City Council has placed 4 Charter amendments on the November 3 ballot to address various things in the Jacksonville Charter. Jacksonville Beach voters are encouraged to read the language of each Charter amendment and understand each amendment before you vote. Read the Charter amendments (PDF).
Here is a brief summary of the Charter amendments:
- Amendment Number 1: Requires a supermajority vote (5 votes) of Council to remove the City Manager.
- Amendment Number 2: Requires a supermajority vote (5 votes) of Council to remove the City Attorney.
- Amendment Number 3: Requires a voter referendum to eliminate Beaches Energy or Police Department.
- Amendment Number 4: Clarifies that, except for purposes of inquiry, no City Council member or appointed board member can interfere with the performance of the duties of a City employee who is under the direct or indirect supervision of the City Manager.
Important Dates for Voting
- General Election: November 3, 2020
Voter Registration Deadlines
- General Election: October 5, 2020
General Election Early Voting
- October 19, 2020 through November 1, 2020